If you have already installed Talking Dictionary you can skip this section. The dictionary is installed in the normal manner and will select the normal default locations for shortcut icons and storage of the program and its data files. It is not necessary to change anything during installation although advanced users may prefer to use their own settings here. If you are unfamiliar with installing software programs it may be best for you to consult your system administrator or a colleague to assist you.
You must switch off screen magnification software such as Zoomtext during installation. You can switch these back on again once your talking software product has been installed.
During the installation process Talking Dictionary installer will create two shortcuts for the program: one of these located on the desktop and another in the start menu. A start menu group will also be created. This group also contains convenient shortcuts to the program help files.
Follow the instructions below to install Talking Dictionary:
Installing from CD:
- If you have the CD copy, insert it into your computers CD drive. The dictionary will automatically run. If it does not, you will need to run the file cd_dictionary_app.exe on the dictionary CD.
- The Talking Dictionary installer will automatically start. You can use this installer to hear instructions for using Talking Dictionary and to install the dictionary onto your computers hard disk. Instructions on using the installer will be read out to you.
- Press F5 to start the Talking Dictionary installation process. Note that you may have to accept Microsoft UAC control if you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- When Talking Dictionary has installed it will run automatically.
Installing from Download:
- Download the Talking Dictionary installer from the URL indicated in your order email.
- Save the Talking Dictionary installer in a convenient location on your hard disk.
- Double click the Talking Dictionary installer to begin the installation process:
After Installing the Product:
- When the product is run for the first time you will be prompted for a ten-character password. Type in your password and then press the “Enter” key.
- The dictionary is now unlocked and ready for use. You will not need to enter your password again, but you should keep it in a safe place for future upgrades.
- Note that Talking Dictionary must be verified within 14 days of installation. Product verification locks the software to your computer system and helps protect our small business from software theft.
Back to UserGuide Contents